No More One-Size-Fits-All Magnifying Glass
Many people struggle with seeing clearly. Simple daily activities such as reading bills, medication labels, or restaurant menus are difficult for people with low vision, and many require more assistance than an old-fashioned magnifying glass can deliver. A portable handheld video magnifier provides a more versatile and effective solution.
Conventional magnifying glasses are very limiting in their use. Bringing the magnifying glass closer to an image increases the magnification, but decreases the visible area. On the other hand, by using a camera to magnify images on a LCD screen, a video magnifier is able to provide a visible area as large as the device’s display screen. Additional perks of video magnifiers over magnifying glasses include different color viewing modes and the ability to freeze images. EnableMart offers many models of portable video magnifiers with various features to consider while shopping.
- Screen Size: The LCD displays vary in size depending on the model. Portable video magnifiers can range from 3” to 7” screens. 4.3” is a common size of many of the models, which allows the magnifier to easily fit in a pocket or purse.
- Magnification Level: Different magnifying levels are available, ranging from 1.5x all the way up to 26x magnification.
- Viewing Modes: All handheld magnifiers use true color as a viewing mode, but most also offer variations of high contrast options. The most common options offered are grayscale, black on white, and white on black. Other viewing modes may include yellow on blue, white on blue, and yellow on black combinations.
- Freeze Frame: The ability to freeze a frame with a video magnifier is another helpful feature of many of the available models. The freeze frame button allows the user to take still images to create a more comfortable viewing. Zoom capability may also be utilized while viewing a still frame.
- Writing Stand: Most handheld video magnifiers offer a foldable writing stand. The user can write in a journal, sign a bill, or make a grocery list under the stand and see their handwriting in a magnification level that makes it easy to read. Some models use a fold out handle instead of a stand for the same purpose.
- Power Source: Almost all portable video magnifiers use a battery and wall charger, and a few models have other power sources, such as a computer's USB port.
Once you’ve decided on the features you're looking for in a video magnifier, you can choose from the many models available at EnableMart. The most popular model is Snow, which features a 4.3” LCD screen, 10 magnification levels up to 16x magnification, 10 different viewing modes, freeze frame capability, and a writing stand. To look at this model or choose a different model that best suits your needs click below: