November is National Family Caregivers Month where we appreciate the 65 million individuals who play a vital role in caring for a family member unable to manage daily living alone. EnableMart celebrates Family Caregivers who unwaveringly support a relative with disabilities.
Throughout this month, the National Family Caregivers Association encourages us to:
- Raise awareness of family caregiver issues
- Celebrate the efforts of family caregivers
- Educate family caregivers about self-identification
- Increase support for family caregivers
Assistive Technology can aid in creating a healthy care giving environment while enhancing day to day activities for individuals with disabilities.
- Simple Communication Aids such as the Step-By-Step Communicator or more sophisticated tools like the Tech/Scan 32 allow individuals with speech challenges to communicate. From simple statements to having an interactive conversation, EnableMart’s AAC devices are fully customizable to meet the needs of individuals of any age or ability.
- Environmental Controls such as the Mini Relax or Relax II provide those with mobility challenges the means to operate appliances and electronics. Turn a light on, adjust the TV volume and more with the hit of a single switch.
- Entertainment is made simple with items like the Flip Page Turner or any one of our Accessible Games - play cards with a large print deck or a ball game with an accessible Goalball.
- Enable those who struggle with hearing to have active conversation with the help of personal hearing devices like The Pocketalker or with an amplified telephone like the Clarity 4200 Series cordless phone.
All AT Caregiver aids can be found online at EnableMart.com. For additional information about National Family Caregivers Month and caring for family members with disabilities, visit the following resourceful sites: